Properties of Olives
Olives, for many years have been part of the Spanish tables. They are part of the so-called “Mediterranean” diet, internationally recognized for its properties and a very characteristic flavor. In this post, we will learn more about this magnificent fruit so linked to our cuisine. Below, we present a series of benefits and properties that have these extraordinary and delicious fruits.
MAIN BENEFITS AND PROPERTIES OF OLIVES:
- They are a source of vitamins A, B, C, E and minerals (iron, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and iodine) very healthy and provides oleic acid to protect the heart.
- They prevent heart disease, carry unsaturated fats that contain and help regulate cholesterol levels.
- They contain Omega 3 and Omega 6, essential oils that help our body.
- The skin of the olives helps to heal burns (applying as a cream).
- They have a high fiber content (which helps regulate our intestinal system).
- Experts advise eating 25 grams a day (approximately 7 olives) for its important health benefits thanks to its components.
- The olives stimulate the digestive processes, they are ideal to whet the appetite.
- They are beneficial for the memory, since they reduce the oxidative stress in the brain, to this is added the contribution of thiamine, one of the vitamins of the B complex that converts the carbohydrates into energy so that the brain and the nervous system work correctly.
Olives have their origin in Asia Minor and began to spread across the Mediterranean 6000 years ago.
Food fruit that offers you a world of ideas so you can enjoy its flavor, its varieties and its benefits, get closer to the olives and discover all its possibilities. As an appetizer, as a tapa, as ingredients in your dishes … olives are a simple and round idea!
Table olives, green, black, with or without bone, stuffed, whole or sliced etc … are part of appetizers, salads, salads, pasta dishes, rice, pâtés, sauces, breads or together with other components of fillings meat and fish.
Therefore, at home, with friends, with family, at work meetings, at impromptu snacks, at field trips etc … .olives offer you a thousand and one possibilities.
We propose a world of ideas for you to enjoy in all its flavors as an aperitif or as an ingredient for your dishes.